The Global Alliance of the International Longevity Centres was founded by the late Dr. Robert Butler, USA and Dr. Shigeo Morioka, Japan in 1990. Today, the Global Alliance has fourteen members- USA, Japan, France, UK, Dominican Republic, India, South Africa, Argentina, The Netherlands, Israel, Singapore, Czechoslovakia, Brazil and China.
The Presidents of the members of the Global Alliance are :
- USA – Dr. Ursula Staudinger,
- Japan – Mr. Tadahoru Goto
- France – Dr. Francoise Forette.
- UK- Baroness Sally Greengross.
- Dominican Republic- Dr. Rosy Pereyra.
- India – Dr. R. A. Mashelkar.
- South Africa – Dr. Monica Ferreira.
- Argentina – Dr. Lia Daichman.
- The Netherlands – Dr. Jacques Schraven.
- Israel – Dr. Sara Carmel.
- Singapore – Dr. MaryAnn Tsao.
- Czechoslovakia – Dr. Iva Holmerova.
- Brazil- Dr. Alex Kalache.
- China- Dr. Du Peng.
Dr. Masako Osako is the Executive Director of the Secretariat of the Global Alliance of the International Longevity Centres based in New York, USA.